Author Topic: Happy Holidays to the Ground! Three More Bosses Down!(5/11M)  (Read 770 times)

Crunchatized

• Vortex Casual
  • Active Account
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

*Antorus High Command picture was lost at sea. Keep your fingers crossed it returns home safely one day. I promise we actually did kill it.

You've never seen late kill pictures like this before.

After a long hiatus from the frontpage, I'm happy to announce that we're sitting pretty at 5/11M!

It's been a long holiday season, but that didn't stop us from killing Legion bosses and looking good while doing it (classic Vortex execution rankings, anyone?) These mythic bosses have brought forth a ton of challenge and interesting new mechanics, with each fight seeming to be a bit more difficult than the last but lets not talk about Eonar.

For the Felhounds, players are assigned a specific debuff which decides which of the dogs they must hug for the remainder of the fight. The mythic version has even more nasty overlapping mechanics and a variety of one-shot badness that can easily take down an out-of-position raider. For High Command, the pods become even more of a necessity as everything hits incredibly hard and hitting a measly two mines at once is almost assuredly going to leave the team with a dead raider. It also introduces bats, which smack you right out of the pod unless you kill them. This one takes a ton of coordination, preplanning, and quick target swaps to take down.

The next two, Eonar and Portal Keeper, actually went down in the same night! Eonar requires the raid to be even more coordinated, with different patterns of mob spawns and a variety of combinations of big adds. Additionally, the raid must set up four different groups to teleport up onto the Paraxis itself to kill a mean dude and absorb some different crystals that give different debuffs depending on the color of the crystal you soak. Portal Keeper on the other hand doubles down on the idea of requiring specific debuffs in different portals, as the whole fight is a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors where you need to take different blobs into different portals to properly combat the mob.

Awesome work so far this tier, and thanks to Litto for keeping a video record of our kills. ;)

Mythic High Command (I promise we killed it):

Mythic Eonar:

Mythic Portal Keeper

Quote from: Hercuboom
"Botanist is too easy to skip."

Ketheres

• Vortex Casual
  • Active Account
  • That Sexy Boomkin
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Holidays to the Ground! Three More Bosses Down!(5/11M)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:58:27 AM »
Terrific continued work in there, everyone!  I'm pleasantly surprised by how quickly you guys are chewing through this content!

Ravenpriest

• Vortex Casual
  • Active Account
  • That's So Raven
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 01:11:23 PM »
I just realized NOW that, that was not a man in parentheses...

Keep up the great work, guys!! :D

Redrixlink

• Vortex Raider
  • Active Account
  • Medical Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 02:03:15 AM »
Big congratulations guys! You deserve it, keep having fun and success :D
I could build... I could build a... I could build a... I could build a spaceship!